Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Delicious, easy, vegan pumpkin pie!

Getting ready for thanksgiving tonight and had to find a new recipe for my vegan pumpkin pie, as the tofu based recipe I have been using the last few years just never does the trick. Thankfully, each year I bake this pie I am a little more experienced with vegan baking- so this year I knew it was the tofu I really needed to do without and to seek a better binding ingredient. I based this recipe off of an almost identical one I found on a Mothering.com message board. I doubled it and my hubby and I dug into the first pie tonight. WE LOVED IT. This is one for our family cook book.

1 14oz can pumpkin
1/2 cup "milk" - soy or whatever
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tsp vanilla extract

9" pie crust

Preheat oven to 375.Put all filling ingredients in food processor. Blend until smooth. Dump filling into crust. Bake 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.

2 comments:

  1. This is not a comment about your pie recipes (although it looks delicious!) I followed you here from theblessingofverity and your comment about feeling called to the mission field and also wondering how having a child with special needs would play into that.

    I have heard that there is a missionary family in Katie's former country with a child with Down syndrome. I do not know them personally but know someone who does. You could email Susanna to ask for my email address. I'm an MK from Germany, and my parents could probably also provide a contact of missionaries there with a daughter with special needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you Carol...I haven't log onto this site forever and only just now saw your comment. I'm pretty swamped right now but at one point I might do that. THANK YOU! :)

      Delete