Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Crazy-eager to start our family!!!

I have the WORST baby fever right now!!! I want to be pregnant, I want to have children, I want to cloth diaper their little bottoms and homeschool them and play with them all summer long. Sigh.

We are officially NOT trying- and trying to NOT. I know we are not ready for a baby right now. And we are not in the position to foster right now either. Neither of us have our degrees. We live in a one bedroom apartment with a commitment to remaining debt-free (That means we don't want to buy a house till we can pay for it.) We are not what I would describe as struggling, but money is tight and I don't even have health insurance right now and haven't for a year.

I used to get bad baby fever sometimes before I was married and it was relatively easy to ignore, or so far from a possibility that I felt content to just day-dream...but it is soooo hard now that I have a husband to ignore it!!! I find myself looking at the photo listing of waiting children on adoptuskids.org and wanting to pick up tons of kid/baby stuff to start our stash (which I have so far not done as we have very little space and it would probably get ruined before it was used anyways)

It does NOT help that like  6 of my close friends are expecting this fall/winter. Grrr!!

Okay, BUT, I am trying to appreciate all the things I can do right now in this season of my life that i will not be able to do in that season. I'm trying to focus on growing closer with my husband and with God so I can be the mother I one day hope to be. Im really TRYING to be patient. Its just so hard!

1 comment:

  1. That is so painful. I have to say, from long experience, that waiting until you can AFFORD a baby is a big mistake. I am so very grateful that my husband and I did not consider that when choosing to start (and continue) our family. We were quite poor in the early years, but now we are both in our 60's, together, happy, the parents of 6 marvelous grown children and grandparents to 10. If we had waited, we would not have been able to have the family we do, and we'd still be just as old now. I am not trying to give advice.... just give my perspective. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete