Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Doing my bit to stimulate the ecconomy and give job security.

I hear recently that Obama's stimulus plan with the "cash for clunkers" program was a total flop. I think this was a great way to get really polluting cars off the streets but do think its a little bit of a silly way to stimulate the economy. Well, The stimulus plan before Obama's was not really great either...the trouble is, that during and economic downturn artificially stimulating the economy is pretty silly. Most of the stimulus money during the Bush administration was used to pay for bills/debt/groceries/etc, in other words it was used on essentials- not on consumer goods like the hope was. I know I certainly used it to buy necessary things. So, those methods don't work, I'm not sure what will...I try to do my part to help people when i can. I occasionally use a full service gas station (and always tip even though Ive been assured they don't work for tips) and I pretty much refuse to use the self-check-out at the grocery store (although I don't tip my clerk ;) ) I'm realize this is like a tiny spit wad in the ocean of the problem, but if everyone made it a point to use full service a few times a month (even though they have to pay a little more for it) and quit using the self check out full stop (even though they would have to wait a little longer) at least two professions would have slightly more stable jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment